16.10.09

the day i turned 30


I know it was nearly a year and a half ago, but in honour of my hubby who is about to turn the BIG 3-0, I thought I would share the memories I had of the day I turned 30.
30, was a slight adjustment, I was no longer 20, but getting closer to the magic age of 40, I can't wait until i turn 40, in my mind i have this vision of waking up and life just begining @ 40! no idea where this came from. I was afraid to be 30 as I was no longer in my 20's, which really my 20's are like my friends 30's. We didnt wait to start our family until we were well establishedand in our30's, We started early & married young, I actually never had those wild and fun 20s you see in movies, perhaps this is why I want to be 40 so bad, my kids will 20 and 15. Not as needy and I wont feel guilty having fun without them any longer.
My only wish was to go to the Mall of America, I wanted to take my girls to my favorite mall in the whole wide world. It's my happy place! Kevin had never exprienced MOA or Ikea either so it was a ground breaking weekend for 2 out of the 4 Cayer's!(technically Katrina and Chloe had both been there, I took Katrina to see Kenny Chesny @ the mall when she was 4 and I was a wee bit preggers for Chloe although totally didnt know) We hit the road early and were eating at yuumy Babba Gumps by 5. It was a great day! Also...not to mention the world greatest present...A ticket to the reunion tour of the New Kids on the BLock , which I have seen twice now. Bonus*** it meant another trip back to the MOA, this time with my partner in crime! 30 was a stellar year!!!
31 has been fine.... Look forward to 32! Back to original thought...Hun being 30 rocks!! Don't even waste another second on it...seriously Dude you get to turn 30 in Vegas, ther is no better way for you to turn 30!!! i <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment